Tongue Twisters for The Japanese
1. "Think the lyric two, three, four, five, six, seven,
by Tamaki Hosoe
eight, nine, ten times, and then speak it out!"
2. "Hot coffee and an apple pie, please!"
3. "Write a letter with your right hand under the light!"
4. "Seychelles seashore, Ishikawa!" she said.
5. Fingertips of singers are useful, because music and
voice training are closely related to English phonetics.
(only singer in 鼻濁音, or nasal g, that the Japanese are good at)
6. "Fight against any violence that may hurt the dignity
of a human!"
SPEAK OUT and Distinguish
[th], [f], [v], [s], [sh], [l], [r], and [g].
Singing song is very much useful, for it is fun.
Vowel practice had better be in sentences,
for it is stress oriented.
Japan's English Education
Bilingual Proverb Collection ことわざ集 Vol. 1～5 書庫
Lighting for others makes our path bright.
gentle as a lamb 借りてきた猫
an ass in a lion's skin 虎の威を藉る狐
Birds of a feather flock together. 類は友を呼ぶ．
As the boy, so the man. 三つ子の魂 百まで
Strike while the iron is hot. 鉄は熱いうちに打て．
Kings have long arms, and have eyes and ears.
Speech is silver, silence is gold. 沈黙は金、雄弁は銀．
The voice of people, the voice of God. 民の声は神の声．
An uncut gem does not sparkle. 玉磨かざれば光なし．
The scholar may be better than the master.
Even the longest journey begins with the first step.
A stitch in time saves nine. 今日の一針、明日の十針．
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
Physician, heal thyself. 医者の不養生．
Well fed, well bred. 衣食足りて礼節を知る．
a golden opportunity 千載一遇
Make hay while the sun shines. 善は急げ．